As previous years, Safety will be the watchword of the MULM. After the 2021 and 2022 editions, which went perfectly, our goal is to keep the same course for this year 2023.
The dedicated team of the Flight Authority will be there to welcome you and allow you to enjoy your visit to the Mondial de l'ULM. We also wanted to liven up the sky with presentation flights in all MLA classes throughout the weekend.
A large area with a dedicated volume will be reserved for paramotor flights that can also arrive in flight but also the possibility for everyone to fly on site. The presence of many professionals will allow you to discover and try new equipment.
Assignment of a specific radio call sign will be assigned during registration to each MLA according to the class of the machine, it is the only callsign that must be used for radio contacts.
The arrival on the MULM Show without authorization (only online registration) will be systematically refused by the ground radio marshals .
Arrival in flight
Replay of the webinar explaining all flight arrival procedures :
Below, you can find the flight instructions for the Mondial ULM 2023. Please consult this document in order to have all the information you will need.
- All arrivals will be at two north and south entry points with mandatory radio contact and with two specific frequencies.
- A specific MLA circuit will be created to the south of the airport.
- A ZRT of radius 7NM and 4000ft ASFC centered on Blois airport will be set up by NOTAM from August 31 to September 03, 2023.
- Access to the airport will be regulated within this ZRT and closed during in-flight presentation slots.
- All aircraft will follow the instructions given by the ground radio marshals.
- Use of the grass runway30/12 (650m x 50m) is reserved for microlights only in French language , the 30/12 hard runway (1250m x 30m) for plane, helicopter, microlight, and all aircraft in English language .
- Provide an alternative diversion airfield nearby.
- Each Captain will have to anticipate a minimum of 30 minutes of fuel reserve to manage any waiting times and possible diversion.
- Each pilot-in-command is responsible for the airworthiness of his engine and the compliance of his liability insurance. All administrative documents for aircraft conducting flight presentations will be checked by the Flight Directorate. No exceptions will be given in case of non-compliance.
- All crews coming by flight are invited to use the free SAFESKY mobile application during all the flight in order to prevent the risk of rapprochement between aircraft and increase safety. As part of the FFPLUM/SAFESKY partnership, a "premium" optional subscription will be offered for one month to each pilot after confirmation of his MULM registration online .
For taxiing on the ground you will be taken in charge by parkers marshals thank you for respecting their driving instructions, a free parking space has been assigned to you. Print and visibly put on your MLA your code assigned during your registration.
Entrance to MULM is free for pilots and passengers licensed by the FFPLUM and landing on the South circuit.
For MLA pilots landing on the South circuit, it will be possible to pitch a tent under the wing of your aircraft.
A videoconference will be organized by the Flight Direction few days before the MULM to remind you of flight arrival instructions and answer any questions you may have. The date and link to the videoconference will be announced at a later date.
Arrival in flight from a foreign country
Microlights complying with Regulation 2018/1139 of the European Parliament and Council (Opt-Out annex1) of maximum MTOW 600kg and a maximum power of 105KW (143 HP) benefit of an automatic exemption by the French CCA authorities to come and leave by flight at MULM without the need to request a « TEMPORARY VALIDATION OF A FOREIGN AIRWORTHINESS AUTHORISATION, FOR THE OVERFLIGHT OF FRANCE by CAA»
To come in flight , all foreign pilots have only to do is register online with link below "Registration to come by flight ». However do not forget to file a flight plan (FPL) to cross borders and outside the Schengen area (eg.:UK) to go through a customs airport (Calais, Tours ,..).